Your family hot tub is a source of comfort and relaxation… and for adding to the utility costs, right? The swimming pool contractors at Seahorse Pools in Fort Worth, Texas have some ways to save money on hot tub costs that will keep the hot tub fun and safe and save you money so you won’t cringe when you turn on the heat and the jets!
A hot tub is an ideal space to relax after a long day at work. It’s also a great place to slip away and relax if you’re working from home with the family! Hot tubs are great in the summer and in the cooler months of the year but you may worry about running it year round because of the cost.
Here are tips you can implement to save money when you turn on the hot tub or spa.
Ways to save money on hot tub costs
Some of these tips are easy to implement, others you may want to call your hot tub or swimming pool contractor for assistance.
- Program the pump and filter cycles to run at night when there is less of a draw on the grid and costs are usually lower.
- Turn on the hot tub’s economy settings if it has any.
- Consider using standby mode on the controls to lower the temperature by about ten degrees if you’re not going to use the hot tub regularly.
- Turn the air controls and valves to the off position. The valves and air controls pull in outside air, push it through the jets and this can make the jets work harder and longer because the hot tub is pulling in cooler air.
- Always use a solar cover or thermal blanket when not using the hot tub. These help slow the rate of evaporation and keep debris out.
- Check the insulation under the hot tub. If your hot tub isn’t well insulated your equipment is working harder to keep the water warm.
- Construct a wind block, add a fence or plant tall trees to shrubbery to help prevent the wind from blowing across the surface.
- Place the hot tub in a south-facing area in your yard. This will help keep the water temperatures stable.
Because you have a hot tub in your yard — or are considering getting a hot tub, saving money will make soaking even more relaxing. We are open and have been constructing and servicing and maintaining hot tubs and pools even during coronavirus. Call us, we will adhere to CDC protocols and wear masks.