How To Select Best Swimming Pool Company is something that every potential pool owner will be faced with when the decision has been made to invest in a swimming pool for the family. When you talk wtih the swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools in Fort Worth, Texas you will learn questions to ask a potential pool contractor in order to assure you’re getting the best pool for your money.
How To Select Best Swimming Pool Company
The construction of your in ground swimming pool will require you make a lot of decisions and the most important one is “who will build our pool?” The planning for the pool of your dreams begins with finding the best pool builder and that means you will need to take your time and put in some up front planning to choose the best pool contractor for your project.
How can you choose the best contractor?
- Ask for recommendations from friends, family and neighbors. Look online at those recommendations and see what kind of ratings their construction projects receive. Ask for recommendations on which pool builders to avoid.
- When you have narrowed down three pool builders you want to talk further with, ask them for a list of references from satisfied current and former customers. Make sure you reach out to these people and ask about their experience – what they liked, what they didn’t, and whether they’d recommend them to you. Ask how long ago they performed the work. Ask what kind of pool they installed. Ask whether the project was completed on time and on budget. Were there any surprises – good or bad? Are you working with them on pool service and maintenance now?
- When you’ve narrowed down your list even further, ask the contractor to show proof of liability insurance. You need to make certain you’re covered if something happens and that you don’t have to rely on your insurance to pay.
- What are your first impressions? If you have a bad gut feeling about a particular builder, listen to that and move onto the next. You’re going to be spending tens of thousands of dollars and you need to feel comfortable. What are some red flags? Unrealistically low estimates, pressuring you to sign a contract right now, asking for payment in full in cash, a general lack of professionalism and asking for a large cash payment upfront before the project starts. Make sure you meet the contractor at his place of business as well. Yes, on site visits to your home are necessary, but you want to see where he works. Be aware, though that some pool service only companies do operate from their trucks and because they’re on the road so frequently, they don’t have a home base.
- Money isn’t everything, but you do want to pay for quality materials and quality, energy efficient equipment. These may lead to a higher price and you may need to scale back your project or some of the accessories, but you will be happier in the long run with a pool that will last your family decades.
Once you’ve chosen the best contractor for your swimming pool project, the fun begins — designing the famliy pool of your dreams!