Whether it’s saving money on housing costs or operating your vehicle, money-saving tips are always welcome, right? We have tips on how to save on pool costs. The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas in Fort Worth, Texas work with their clients to ensure they get the pool of their dreams at a cost that doesn’t turn into a nightmare!
A swimming pool requires constant and ongoing maintenance and upkeep or you will be faced with a murky, algae-filled structure in your backyard. You can take on the task of pool maintenance or hire the services of a pool contractor. On a side note, many pool owners find they pay less money when they hire a pool maintenance pro than they do when they clean the pool themselves. It pays to shop around and get a few quotes.
How to save on pool costs
Here are a few money-saving steps you can take.
- Check the pool water chemistry regularly. Regular checks will help you catch any chemical imbalances before they get too far out of line.
- The filters should be cleaned regularly. If the filter is dirty, the water will get dirty. Also, a dirty filter makes your pool equipment work harder and that will cost money.
- Adding pool chemicals at night helps prevent them from evaporating in the daytime. It also means you can still swim all day.
- Run the pool equipment at night. Add chemicals then run the pool pump and filter. Electrical costs are typically lower at night.
- Variable speed pumps may cost more than a single-speed pump but you will save money in the long run. Also, variable speed pumps are more energy efficient in the fact that they run harder when they need to and not as hard when they don’t.
- Use a pool cover. This will keep the water cleaner longer. A pool cover slows the rate of evaporation. Using a pool cover, especially if you heat the water, traps the heated water.
- If you’re adding lighting to your pool — and for safety’s sake you should — use LED lights. LED lights use less power (up to 80% less) than incandescent bulbs.
Ask us for other ways in which you can save money on your pool costs and pool operation.