Summer may be waning — we certainly don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s true. In that case, though it doesn’t mean you can’t still plan for a swimming pool project. There might be time to get on a pool contractor’s schedule for summer but more likely you will be wondering how to prepare for a fall swimming pool project.
The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas in Fort Worth, Texas have put together a checklist to get you started on planning that 2019-2020 family pool project. Don’t miss another summer without having your own swimming pool!
How to prepare for a fall swimming pool project
This check list will take away some of the stress you may feel at the idea of getting your own swimming pool constructed:
- What are the zoning restrictions where you live? Talk with us, we understand zoning requirements for this vicinity and can help you navigate the maze of paperwork.
- Do you have a yard that is conducive to a swimming pool? This essentially means, is your yard large enough for a pool, will the contractors be able to get in with the heavy equipment? Is your yard private enough for your pool or will you need to have privacy measures installed?
- What is your budget for the swimming pool? How much will you need to finance and what kind of repayment plan can you afford? Don’t forget to budget for ongoing maintenance and upkeep. Let us know, up front, how much you can afford for your swimming pool project and we will work from that starting point to help you get the pool of your dreams.
- Plan for the landscaping and the space in which you will spend time when you’re not swimming. Thank about the deck and other outdoor living amenities you may want.
- How do you plan to use the pool? Exercise? Parties? A combination? Get the pool of your dreams to suit the way in which you will use it.
- Does your homeowner’s insurance policy cover you in the event you get a swimming pool? Some won’t. Others will require a higher liability than you have and may require an umbrella policy.
- What do you truly want and need in your pool and what can you live without?
- What construction material do you want for your pool? Fiberglass, concrete or a vinyl liner? Ask us to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each.
There are a myriad of decisions to be made, but you don’t have to navigate it alone. We’re here to help!