There is no doubt about it, swimming is great exercise – low impact and great cardio. We have tips on how to get fit and have fun in your pool — but we probably aren’t telling you something you don’t already know! If you’re like many swimming pool owners in Fort Worth, Texas you have been spending more time in the pool than ever before — thank you coronavirus.
The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas can help ensure you get the pool of your dreams AND help keep it clean and operating its peak! Swimming is great if you’re recovering from an injury, want to go from couch potato to healthier person you can jump in the pool and swim without fear of injury. Swimming is a no impact way to get fit.
You can also get your children into the pool, away from the television or video games and have fun. Guess what? They won’t even know they are getting fit when they’re playing in-pool games! Water volleyball, basketball or scavenger hunt, anyone?
How to get fit and have fun in your pool
Here are some of the many benefits of being in a pool:
- f you’re a runner who trains regularly, swimming is an activity that takes stress off the joints and gives you a workout on those days you’re not running.
- Regular exercise in a swimming pool builds endurance, muscle strength, and again, cardio.
- Swimming burns calories at a rate of about three calories per mile per pound of bodyweight; for example, if you weigh 150 pounds and it takes 30 minutes to swim one mile, you’ll burn about 900 calories in an hour.
- Use your swim time as a social outlet – take a water aerobics class.
- Need to relax? Use your swim time as a way to reap psychological benefits. Practice relaxation techniques while you swim. Focus on your breathing and your strokes.
- There are swimmers that have said they have developed life skills such as time-management, sportsmanship, self-discipline, goal setting and it’s been said that swimmers do better in school. Individuals looking to use swimming as their number one way to lose weight, may be disappointed. While it’s true that any exercise is good exercise, you burn a lot of calories while in the pool, the calorie-burning efforts don’t carry over the way running or other land-based exercise does.
Do you need any more reasons to invest in a swimming pool this year? Give us a call and let’s talk about your swimming pool project.