How big should your pool be? That’s kind of like asking, “how much does a swimming pool cost?” There are so many questions that need to be answered and considerations to think about before you can truly make that decision.
The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas in Fort Worth Texas do say that you need to know what potential size you want the pool as one of the first questions to answer. When you’ve set your budget and talked with a pool construction pro, your budget may help determine the size of the overall project.
How big should your pool be?
Here are a few questions to talk with a pool contractor about and to think about in the early stages of planning for the pool.
- What will the typical swimmer load be? Two people? Five? A dozen? The number of people who use the pool regularly may help determine how big it will be.
- What do you want a pool for? Parties? Relaxing? Swimming laps? A combination of all those?
- How many pool parties do you think you will host and how often and for how many people?
- Do you want to devote a lot of yard space to the project or not?
- Will you have an outdoor living space constructed as part of the project?
- Do you want a lot of unique accessories — diving board, slide, fountains, rock waterfall, etc.? They take up space.
- What setbacks are required for construction where you live? That could determine how big the pool is.
- Do you want a hot tub as part of your pool?
- How much do you have to spend on the pool?
What is the budget for the construction AND how much are you planning to spend on maintenance and utility bills once the construction is done? What can you not live without in your pool and what are negotiable? Give us a call to discuss your project and let’s get to work!