How big should your swimming pool be? It’s a question the swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas in Fort Worth, Texas get asked all the time. There is no one-size-fits-all answer because each pool owner, each family and each parcel of the yard is different and unique. How do you choose the pool size? We have put together a checklist to help you determine the best pool size for your family.
How do you choose a pool size?
Because we have answered this question so frequently we have put together this list of questions you need to ask yourself and answer before you contract for a pool project.
- How many people will usually be using the swimming pool? Do you have a large family? Is your family going to expand? Will you be looking at an empty nest soon? Do you plan to host large parties all the time?
- Will the pool be used for exercise only or for playing games or both?
- Do you want to devote all available space to the pool or do you want an outdoor living space as well? You will need to allocate space for both uses.
- Are you willing to give up all of your yard space to just house a pool? Do you have children who will want a grassy yard in which to play?
- What are the requirements for setbacks for construction where you live?
- What kind of accessories do you want in your swimming pool? There are size requirements if you want to have a diving board or a slide.
- If you’re looking for a pool with a beach entry or a shallow to deep end, you will need to devote more space to it.
- What is your budget for the project? This will play a major factor.
- What construction material do you want?
This is a short list of question to consider before taking the plunge and becoming a pool owner in 2020. Give us a call and we can go over this list with you and answer any other construction questions you may have.