Fort Worth, Texas hot tub contractors offer hot tub buying tips
Seahorse Pools & Spas, contractors in Fort Worth, Texas explain that buying a hot tub is not as easy as going to a pool contractor’s store and pointing and saying, “I’ll take that one.” They offer hot tub buying tips to assure you are going to have the best experience in your hot tub or spa as possible. Consider, too that hot tubs can have high price tags and you can see the importance of taking your time, working with a hot tub contractor and spending time in a hot tub before you buy — yes, you should!
Hot tub buying tips & items to consider
- Why do you want it? Know why you want one and that will help you narrow your choices when you begin shopping. Understanding whether you want the hot tub for relaxation or for health reasons or both will help determine the size, style and type of jets for your hot tub.
- Where will you put it? How much space do you have available? Do you want a swim up spa to be added to your swimming pool? Will the hot tub be in a room in your home? Will it sit on a deck you already have or will you need to construct a deck? Remember, placement will bring additional costs as you will need to run electric, plumbing and may need to pour a slab upon which it will sit.
- What kind of jets? Bring a bathing suit when hot tub shopping. Your contractor will probably urge you to spend time in one of the showroom hot tubs so you can get a feel for the types of jets, placement of the seats and depth.
- What’s the budget? Set your budget before shop. Budget, too for maintenance and upkeep, buying a hot tub cover and spikes in your utility bills.
- Don’t forget landscaping. Add an outdoor living space if you don’t already have one around your swimming pool. Consider an entertainment center or gazebo to house the hot tub. Talk with us about that as part of your overall construction.
If you just don’t want to give up spending time in the water just because summer is over, you can invest in a hot tub or spa and keep the fun going potentially year round!