The Fourth of July will be here before you know it and if you’re wondering how to throw the perfect July 4 pool party, the swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools and Spas in Fort Worth, Texas have some tips to make your party memorable and fun.
With the record heat waves that have been hitting the country and are predicted to still be going strong, having a pool party is the best way to spend time with friends and family and enjoy the holiday.
Throw the perfect July 4 pool party
- Get the word out. You can make a Facebook event and invite local friends and family. You can mail invitations, call or send emails. Getting a head count will help you plan for the food for the event.
- Decorate. Get into the mood of the party by decorating with red, white and blue decorations. From plates to cups to tablecloths and even towels for anyone using the pool, you can carry the theme throughout the day. Don’t forget to grab some American flags to place around the yard and use as part of your table decorations. You can even make red, white and blue fruit skewers — blueberries, strawberries and bananas! Decorate cupcakes in a red, white and blue theme!
- Stock up on adult and non adult beverages. Fill a cooler with ice, place it in a shady spot and keep it full of beverages so your guests can help themselves. You may want to have a cooler with adult beverages and one for children or those who don’t want alcohol.
- Invest in extra bottles of sun screen and sun block. Have additional towels on hand for those who forgot theirs or whose haven’t dired out between swim sessions. String a clothesline to toss the wet towels over so they can dry. You may even want to pick up several pairs of flip flops for your guests to use; get many different sizes.
- Make cooking easy by offering a traditional menu — hots, hamburgers, corn on the cob, salads and chips. If a guest offers to bring something for the party let them! It will make it easier for you and will help fill the tables with a variety of foods.
- Above all, have fun!
Give us a call and schedule an additional pool cleaning prior to the party and after it as well. Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!