Swimming pool safety tips from Seahorse Pool contractors in Fort Worth, Texas
Swimming pool safety needs to be front of mind all of the time for every swimming pool owner. This is even more true when you have young children or pets in the household. When you have a swimming pool, here are safety measures and seafety devices that will be mandated as must haves during the construction and there are others you may want to add to keep everyone in the household safe. Swimming pool safety tips is something that the swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools and Spas talks with customers about.
Swimming pool safety tips
- Teach your children how to swim.
- Keep safety equipment poolside — life jackets, telephone, a pole
- Make certain your children — and anyone who uses the pool — understands the “rules of the pool”
- You don’t want to scare the children, but you do want them to understand how to be responsible and safe around the pool
- Teach everyone who lives in the house and uses the pool what to do in the event of an emergency
- Make certain someone knows CPR
- Never leave anyone to swim unattended — whether adults or children
- Don’t drink and swim
- Don’t run on the pool deck
- Keep your children’s toys off the pool deck
Add a pool alarm in addition to the pool fence that will be required when you own a swimming pool. You may also want to add motion activated video cameras as a way to add to the safety of the pool. Talk with us when you become a swimmin gpool owner and ask us what you can do to add to the safety and security of your pool and to keep everyone as safe as possible when they are in, or around, the swimming pool.
Here’s to a safe and fun summer!