There are some people who simply love gathering facts and trivia and tossing that knowledge out when they can. If you love to do that, the wimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas in Fort Worth, Texas offer some swimming pool fun facts.
If you have been waiting for a time to challenge your friends and family to a round of swimming pool fun facts and trivia your Labor Day party may be the ideal time to do that!
Swimming pool fun facts
- Heated swimming pools came into being during Ancient Roman times. They were constructed on pillars with a chamber beneath that held the wood to heat the water. The fire would be built, servants would fan the flames and the wealthy homeowners swam in heated comfort.
- Flipping a switch to heat your pool or use solar technology has been around for about fifty years now. Newer tech has made it more affordable for the average pool owner.
- The first swimming pools were dug by hand, making them cost prohibitive for anyone other than the wealthy.
- Swimming pools may have been around for a long time, but the bikini certainly hasn’t! When pools became affordable, puritanical codes frowned on exposing skin in public and that meant swimsuits had to completely cover a person’s body.
- The swim stroke, the “crawl” wasn’t allowed because it was thought to be crude and impolite.
Thankfully it’s easier to swim now when you don’t have to swim fully clothed and you’re also allowed to swim the crawl! Modern technologies have made pools more affordable and technology has also given pool owners more options in pool design.
If you don’t already own your own swimming pool, give us a call and let’s get your pool construction project started. After all, you’ve got all of this pool trivia that you want to share, right?!