Seahorse Pools & Spas in Fort Worth, Texas offer summer swimming pool safety tips
When you own a swimming pool, we’ll bet that summer is the best and most fun season for your entire family! The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas understand that it is the busiest time for swimming pool contractors because that’s when their customers want to be in and around the swimming pool and they work with them to make that happen!
If you own a swimming pool, here are some safety tips you will want to consider as a way to make your summer as fun, and as safe as possible:
- Learn First Aid and CPR so you understand what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Keep a First Aid kit and CPR instructions poolside.
- Check the integrity of your swimming pool fence and make certain it locks behind you and that it is sturdy and well-maintained.
- Consider adding motion sensors to the pool area for security.
- Add floating pool alarms.
- Never swim alone.
- Never leave a child unattended and don’t put another child in charge of other children. An adult should always be poolside.
- All pool toys should be removed from the pool when you’re done using it. They could entice a child to try to reach them.
- Keep all pool chemicals stored in a safe area away from children and pets.
- Life-saving equipment should be kept pool side.
- Have a phone at the pool area and use it for emergencies only.
A swimming pool is a lot of fun for the entire family but it does also require diligence and supervision at all times. Have a great summer!