Is 2021 the year for a pool remodeling project? Many swimming pool owners, the pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas in Fort Worth, Texas explain, have realized what their pool may have been lacking during the 2020 coronavirus lockdown. The reason for this is that many pool owners spent more time at home and in and around the pool than they may have done in the past and it was eye-opening. Is it time to get ready for your 2021 pool renovation project? Many pool owners are saying, “yes!”
If the family pool is feeling “tired.” If you found your pool wasn’t meeting the family’s needs as well as it has in the past or if you want to add more accessories to make pool time even more fun, this is the time to start the process and plan for the project.
There are pool projects that should be tackled simply because they will make the pool work more efficiently, the equipment perform more effectively or to address potential hazards. There are also projects you want to tackle just to add more fun to your pool. Fun could include sun shelves, a diving board, a hot tub, fountains or a rock waterfall, to name a few. Take your pool from the one you enjoy to the one you LOVE.
Get ready for your 2021 pool renovation project
Here are a few items to consider for a pool reno project.
- A simple acid wash or repair and replacement of your pool’s plaster finish will make the pool look brand new. Pool plaster protects a gunite swimming pool from damage and adds aesthetic appeal.
- Swim in fewer chemicals by making an upgrade to a saltwater chlorinator. There are a myriad of benefits for using a salt water chlorinator system. With a salt water chlorinator, when the pool water requires chlorine, the salt in the chlorinator is converted into chlorine through a simple chemical process and circulated into the pool water. One of the main benefits of this type of system is that you will deal with fewer chemicals in the water, could prevent dry skin and itchy eyes. Keep in mind, that if you’re having dry skin and red, itchy eyes, give us a call because it is a chemical imbalance that we can address so you can swim safely.
- Add fiber optic or LED lights into the swimming pool for safety and aesthetic appeal. Fiber optic lights light up the pool and that is especially important if you swim in the dark or if you have a deep end in the pool. These lights burn “cool” and are long lasting.
- Automate pool tasks like vacuuming between service visits. Add an automatic vacuum or use a robotic vacuum to keep the pool cleaner when you need to do that between visits. An automatic pool cover makes it easier and more likely that you will be diligent in the use of the pool cover.
- If you didn’t have the budget at the time of the pool construction to have a deck or outdoor living space installed, perhaps now is the time. You have realized you spend more time around the pool than in the pool and now you want that time outside the pool to be comfortable and relaxing.
Start the planning process now for the upcoming pool renovation project. You certainly don’t want to lose any valuable swim time because of a pool project, right? Give us a call today. There are many other items you could undertake during a swimming pool renovation, but this is a good jumping off point to get you started. Give us a call today if you’re considering a pool renovation or remodel this year.