If you’re a first-time swimming pool owner you may have realized there are landscaping needs you didn’t consider during the pool construction process. If you’re a long-time pool owner you may just be thinking, do you need to update your poolside landscaping? It is a personal decision, the swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas from Fort Worth, Texas understand and have options for your consideration.
You may be thinking the pool is in too much sun — or too much shade and for your landscaping project you may want to address that. You may want a permanent structure around the pool or you may be looking at moveable landscaping options. .
Do you need to update your poolside landscaping?
In this article, we will talk about poolside shading and in other articles, we will talk about other poolside landscaping ideas to amp up the fun in and around the pool.
- Awnings can be retractable or permanent and non-retractable. If the pool is close enough to the house an awning or two is practical.
- A pergola or gazebo is an idea for a permanent structure but is a more pricey option. A pergola or gazebo can elevate your outdoor living area and can accommodate your furniture and even an outdoor kitchen space if the pergola or gazebo is large enough.
- Plants are beautiful and practical ways to be able to “re-decorate” the poolside space. Make sure you use planters on wheels so you can easily move them from space to space.
- Umbrellas are beautiful and moveable ways to get shade and can be easily moved to follow the sun’s pattern.
- Pergolas and gazebos – these permanent structures offer shaded areas and are typically large enough to accommodate outdoor furniture, chaise lounges and even outdoor kitchen set ups
Furniture and its placement can also change the look of the outdoor poolside space. Give us a call and let’s see what you’re looking for in the 2021 landscaping and the way in which you want to enjoy the pool side space.