Choosing a pool design, Seahorse Pools, Inc. pool contractors offer tips
Decisions. Decisions. There are many of them that you will have to make when you are going to become a swimming pool owner. One of the biggest will be (well, after you have your budget in place) is choosing a pool design. There are many more designs available than the traditional rectangle or kidney-shaped pools. Work the your swimming pool contractor from Seahorse Pools and Spas to determine a pool design.
- Do you have space available or will you need to re-landscape, grade or remove trees?
- The shape of the pool hinges on the building material you choose
- Your budget may determine the pool design
- The number of people who will use your pool may help determine the pool design
- You will need to choose a building material: concrete, fiberglass or vinyl liner. Each material comes with its own pros and cons.
- Whether you have a beach entry will add to the size of the pool
- Whether you want a deep end and a shallow end will help determine the design
- Whether you will have a diving board will mean you need a specific depth
- Will you have accessories like a rock waterfall, fountain or sun shelves?
- Do you want to have a hot tub as part of the project
Choosing a pool design
Where to find design inspiration?
- The internet
- The pool design book your contractor has
Have fun when choosing your swimming pool design. Also, ask your pool contractor if he provides a “bird’s eye view” of the completed project — this view will help determine whether you like the finished placement.