Seahorse Pools contractors in Fort Worth, Texas understand that many of their pool owners — probably all of them, in fact! — want to know the benefits of an energy efficient swimming pool. The obvious benefit is that you will save money on pool operating costs and that is the biggest reason most people opt for energy efficient equipment. A swimming pool will add beauty and to the resale value of your home, but they can be a major expense in ongoing ongoing operating costs. It is important, when you’re working with a pool contractor, to discuss what you can to do make the pool as energy efficient as possible.
Benefits of an energy efficient swimming pool
Not only are many pools not energy efficient, but they are also not environmentally friendly. If you’re in the process of getting a new pool constructed or if you are going to be upgrading your existing swimming pool, talk with us to uncover the benefits of energy savings and the most energy efficient equipment you have have installed.
Why do you want to invest in energy efficient equipment? Here are a few reasons:
- To save money. Bottom line. If you use a variable speed pump and a pool cover you can slash energy costs by up to 30%.
- Conserve water by using a pool cover. The swimming pool will lose a lot of water through evaporation and using a cover will slow the rate of evaporation. Additionally, using a cover will allow your pool contractor to use fewer chemicals to keep the water clean.
- Many pieces of energy efficient equipment come with rebates and incentives.
What can you do to make your pool more energy efficient?
- Install a variable speed pump.
- Always use a pool cover.
- Reduce the water temperature by only a degree or two and you will realize savings
There are many ways in which you can upgrade and update your pool to help save money, ask us for tips and advice!