You don’t have to be the type of person or family who is going to go big or go home when it comes to being more eco-friendly or energy efficient. Turning off the lights when you leave the room, using reusable containers rather than disposable ones… easy steps. You can also make some easy changes and save money on your pool costs. We have put together 3 steps toward an eco-friendly swimming pool that you can talk with us to incorporate these steps.
The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools in Fort Worth, Texas understand that many of their pool owners are looking for ways to save money on pool operations and in many cases that leads to eco-friendly and energy-efficient changes.
3 steps toward an eco-friendly swimming pool
Why should you be more eco-friendly with your swimming pool?
- Save money! Who doesn’t want to do that? Energy-efficient swimming pool equipment will pay for itself in the money you save on your utility bills. You may pay more up front but there will be a return on your investment.
- Save water. Swimming pools lose most of their heat from the surface — this means if you don’t use a pool cover you are losing 95% of the water’s heat. You will also lose a lot of water through evaporation and that will cost you money if you have to keep filling it. And when you need to refill the pool you will have to add more chemicals
- Some energy-efficient equipment comes with rebates and tax incentives. Ask us about which equipment offers that and how you can benefit.
Here are steps you can take to have a more energy-efficient pool
- Use a cover to prevent water evaporation
- Invest in an efficient filter, heater and pump
- Heat the water using solar. The sun and its heat are free!
- Landscape for windbreaking purposes. If you plant trees or construct a pool house or other structure you can help prevent the water from blowing across the top of the pool and speeding the rate of evaporation.
If the coronavirus pandemic has had you counting pennies, give us a call and let’s inspect your pool and see where you can make changes to save money.