Have you ever wondered how to swim away stress and pain? This is a question that many first-time swimming pool owners will talk with the swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools in Fort Worth, Texas about when in the planning stages for their projects.
If you’ve been looking for a way to get, or stay, in shape and to help alleviate the stresses of the recent health issues and the coronavirus quarantines, spending time in your swimming pool could be just what the doctor ordered.
The Centers for Disease Control explain that function, mood, quality of life, mobility and pain reduction can occur if you get physical activity. If you suffer pain and/or arthritis, moving may lead to more pain and cause you to be more sedentary than is healthy for you. When you’re in a swimming pool, though you’re able to exercise, get healthier and not cause yourself additional pain.
How to swim away stress and pain
What are the benefits of swimming for stress and weight loss and overall health?
- Maintaining a healthy weight is crucial for overall health.
- If you have joint disease such as arthritis, extra weight means extra strain on already sore joints
- Cardiovascular exercise helps keep your heart healthy and your lungs strong
- Swimming works your muscles without putting any stress or strain on your muscles and joints — that means you can workout without pain.
- Swimming helps boost balance — and that is important as we age
- When you swim, you are enhancing your flexibility and that, too, will help boost balance.
- If you’re in pain, swimming just may help soothe it.
If you’re quarantined and don’t want to stay indoors (especially if the weather cooperates) get outside and take a swim. You and your immediate family can certainly spend time with one another in the family pool. If you haven’t yet had a swimming pool constructed, give us a call and let’s talk about the type of pool you want.