Are you ready for a pool? Seahorse Pools & Spas contractors offer tips
You’ve thought about it. You’ve looked at countless magazines and photos of swimming pools. You and your family have discussed it, but this is the year when you think you’re ready for a swimming pool. Are you ready for a pool? The swimming pool contractors from Seahorse Pools & Spas can help you decide. If your kids spend countless hours at the neighbours’ who have pools and if you spend too much time in the car getting to the beach, this just might be the year to get your own pool!
Sure, it is a big commitment in both time and money, but we bet you’ll find it more than worthwhile once you take the plunge!
Are you ready for a pool? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Cost? Consider what you can spend and what you can get (size and accessory-wise) for what you have budgeted.
- Maintenance. Ask what the cost of the annual upkeep and maintenance is. Having a ballpark figure helps you with your overall budgeting for the project. How much time will pool upkeep and maintenance will require on a daily, weekly and monthly basis? Ask that and decide whether you will hire a pool contractor or attempt to clean it on your own.
- Construction time. How long will your project take from start to finish? When can it be started and will you be able to swim the next summer? When complete will determine how much time you will be able to spend in it this year.
- Permits and regulations: Work with your pool contractor to obtain all building permits. You will also want to know about the local, state and federal regulations as they relate to pool ownership.
- Property values. The addition of an in-ground swimming pool will raise property values, in many instances. This can be good for you and is a selling point if you’re looking to move in the future.
After your questions have been answered and you have done your research, now just might be the time to start planning and start construction on your swimming pool project.