A 9-year-old girl vacationing with her parents at the Jersey Shore has died after she was found unconscious in a motel swimming pool.

A police officer performed CPR on the girl, but she was pronounced dead a short time later at Community Medical Center.

It was not immediately clear how the girl got into the pool.

Pools can be dangerous when adequate safety precautions are not taken. Don’t let his happen to your loved ones, protect yourself and your family by following the proper safety procedures.

Contact Seahorse Pools and Spa’s in Fort Worth to customize your pool to fit your needs. Call the Fort Worth pool company at 817-244-1310 for more information.